Meet Your Doctor
Compasionate care for all patients
Ask about our Alliance Family Dentistry Dental Plan!
Dr. John Royal was born and raised in Tennessee, where he earned his D.D.S. degree in 1985. After graduating from the University of Tennessee, Dr. Royal joined the United States Army where he proudly served for 21 years.
During his time in the Army, Dr. Royal served in a variety of clinical and military positions, to include, but not limited to:
- Commander of the 257th Medical Company, the U.S. Army’s only airborne dental clinic where Colonel Royal completed 40 jumps.
- 3rd Brigade Dental Surgeon, 101st Airborne Division.
- Commander of 56th Dental Service Detachment, Korea.
- Chief of Dental Operations and Services, 257th Medical Company.
- Chief Clinician/Officer in Charge of a 24 chair dental clinic at Fort Bragg.
- Residency Director of Fort Carsons 1 year dental residency program.
In his spare time, John likes to garden, hike, ride motorcycles, keep bees, ride horses, woodwork and travel in the family RV with his wife and children.
Dr. Royal is happy and proud to be working with his two daughters, Alexa and Celia, who are learning the details of the dentistry profession.
Decorations and Awards:
- Legion of Merit
- Bronze Star
- Army Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commedation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Parachutist Badge
- Air Assualt Badge
- Expert Field Medical Badge